Monday, 4 July 2011

Cam 23 2.0 - a new start

New year - new Cam 23 :-). Thank you for organizing this programme. Last year I completed Cam 23. It was a really good learning experience for me and I have been using lots of Things in my work and personal life since. This time I'm concentrating more on Extra bits but it is also useful to go through 'normal' ones as well as new options/ways of doing things are available.

Extra Thing 1: I experimented a bit with new blog widgets. I added a couple of new gadgets to my blog: Pageviews last month and BBC Breaking news. There are lots of widgets to choose from on Blogger - spoiled for choice. It's easy to add them to the blog.

Extra Thing 2: I've used Hootsuite before. It's easy to use but sometimes some buttons do not work (Twitter works but Facebook doesn't or other way round). It is interesting to learn about various third party Twitter applications and clients. I like Bit.ly - a really handy tool when a shortened URL is needed.

Thing 5: I used to do my screenshots by Print Screen, open MS Paint, paste, edit, etc. I am glad there are other options. I installed LightShot addon to Firefox. It is so quick and easy to use; I like that it's possible to select just the area I need, without editing. The editing itself is also very straightforward.

No comments:

Post a Comment