Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Reflection-2

It has been - as I expected it to be at the beginning of the Cam23 programme - a fun, enjoyable and informative journey. Though I used or knew about the majority of the Things before, it was interesting to return to them and look from the different angle; to learn a bit of theory and explore numerous examples; and, of course, to read about experience of other participants.

I know a couple of people who read/try to read Each and Every blog post and comment! To answer an obvious question - yes, strangely enough, they are still alive and kicking. How do they do it? It's a Great Misery. Oops, Mystery, of course.

Back to the Things. It was fun creating my very own word cloud - after I managed to find a pc that can run Java... Shortly afterwards a member of our fantastic IT team fixed Java on my pc - an unexpected bonus of doing Cam23. I experimented with different layouts, fonts, word numbers, and colours - just love Wordle. The most useful Thing for me has been (for many months) Google Calendar. The not-so-useful-Thing-yet? Possibly LinkedIn. As for Web2.0 and social media in libraries - many tools are already very well used - talking from my own library experience and examples of others.

I look forward to attending 'The Grand Closing Ceremony' in September. Many thanks to the organisers of the Cam23 programme for all their hard work.

2 comments:

  1. And thanks for your blog. One I've very much enjoyed reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on reaching the end! We look forward to awarding you with your certificate and voucher at the closing ceremony.

    ReplyDelete