LibraryThing is so lovely and convenient. It was easy to use - and I liked the result. Got a neat list of some of my favourite books - with covers and all essential data. Good to add your own reviews, tags, rating - I would like to see these options in library catalogues. Nice to have different display styles - and it is possible to edit them. LibraryThing even lists subjects and has LC classmarks - v.good. I like that information about local events at the bookshops is avaiable. Interesting to read reviews of others and compare my feelings and thoughts on books with other readers'. Like recommendations and unsuggestions. There are so many things to explore in this LibraryThing!
I think LibraryThing could be useful for small libraries. We have the Newton catalogue and it would be confusing for users to switch between these two platforms. As for my personal usage - I don't know, maybe? Though I like my books at home to be disorganised.
No comments:
Post a Comment