Wikis is a convenient way of sharing ideas, editing documents. I liked the video 'Wikis in Plain English' - it was interesting to watch how the list of things to take for camping was growing - and at some point, towards the end, someone even suggested to bring a tent... The Slideshare presentation was also useful - it highlighted 'The good, the bad, and the wiki' points and suggested examples of using wikis in library work.
Our library uses wiki on CamTools and I know that some scientists use wikis to share the results of their experiments and to disseminate ideas - a kind of online lab journal. I used wiki in my uni days - it was an essential tool for the distance learning study. Of course, Wikipedia is the best known example of wikis. I use it - with caution - pretty often.
While working on the Thing 22 I've discovered a wonderful Pet Wiki ("the pet site YOU can improve") - with fantastic pictures and useful articles. You can learn not only about 'usual suspects' - cats, dogs and rabbits but about tarantulas, snails and American eels - seems they are the cuties for some people.
No comments:
Post a Comment