Somehow tried to skip this Thing but have to write about it anyway - not easy after those all-singing, all dancing podcasts. Well, I can see the logic behind putting Zotero #18 and YouTube #21.... It was even harder for me to return to Zotero after filming our library induction video - with lots of giggles, medieval dresses, funny voices from under ... Stop, stop, stop - you'll see it soon (I hope). In short - Hollywood, here we come!
Back to Zotero. It was easy to install this Firefox extension (good, no need to call the Administrators to login) and it shows in the bottom right corner of the browser - convenient. I like their slogan 'Research not re-search' and their intuitive interface with little icons/folders appearing in the location bar of the browser. They have an excellent quick start guide and I also like the Medical School Library Zotero manual. Zotero is a citation manager that stores info not only about books and articles but about websites, films, videos, artwork. I've explored some of its features and will have another look later. In my opinion Zotero can be really useful for PhDs and other research students.
Just wondering if you think (had you known about it then) that you would have used Zotero during your Masters?
ReplyDeleteI played with EndNote but I felt it was not right for me. I was more comfortable doing my lists of literature – with styles and formatting as I like. Years of practice definitely helped. :-)
ReplyDelete